Sunday 5 October 2014

Spring has Sprung in Canberra

Well just as my blog name suggests I am a new girl in Canberra - I have only been here since the start of the year.

Before I came I heard over and over again "Canberra's cold"

How cold could it be?? I asked. well it actually ended up being very cold indeed. It started in May with -1 degree Celsius morning and pretty much went down hill from there. (there was a -7 degree morning - I think that was the worst of it)

As I am from Sydney where the winters are pretty mild I was not ready for this cold - and it took me a few months to get used to.

Now I can say that we survived our first Canberra winter! we came out the other side! and to celebrate we have been treated to some beautiful weekend weather - the kind of weather I love - sunny and not to hot - just gorgeous really.

It appears that Canberra comes out of hibernation as soon as Spring hits - the "what's on" page in the local paper is chocker with things to do.

We have been enjoying the weather by getting out to a few of the events that have been on.

A couple of weekends ago we visited the Lifeline book fair. How big can a book fair be?? well this one is giant and almost overwhelming - there were thousands upon thousands of books of all types at great prices. We had to put brakes on ourselves from buying to much

On the Sunday we visited the Thai Festival at the Royal Thai Embassy. A gorgeous day in Canberra Town - the sun was out and there was Thai food aplenty, people sprawled out on the grass listening to the Thai covers band, there was a lot to love.

This weekend we had a long weekend and again the weather was perfect. Hubby and I took the dogs for a six KM walk around a bush tuck - hard work but quite rewarding. There are a lot of these tracks to try out around here.

we then took the view in a Mt Ainslie - everyone has been telling me I must get up there to see the view and it was fantastic - an awesome wrap-around view of the whole of Canberra.

All in all things are looking up with the arrival of spring in the capital!

No comments:

Post a Comment